Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pandora's Box

That thing called Pandora’s Box…



I have a very bad memory and hence whenever I catch up with old friends and they mention some incident and some conversation… Chances are I would go blank or struggle with hazy memories… Its bad at times coz I just can’t seem to get any details right… Feels like those hindi film actors who wake up from coma and ask – Main kaun hoon? Main kaha hoon ?


OId memories are like Pandora’s Box… Each one of us have some good, bad, happy and sad memories tucked in corners of our brain which are brought back by certain situation or individual. Nostalgia hits you when you walk down the memory lane especially when someone reminds you of those good times you had. With me the case is I have to be literally hand held while I go back in time… I don’t know if its good or bad to forget but I had a weird feeling this time when my close friend reminded me of things which were happy memories, good times yet completely wiped out from my memory… Which I cud’nt believe I can forget. But here I was where I could not remember a word.


It felt as if I was listening to a story and those events had never happened to me… It felt like watching a film on your life enacted by people who resembled you but you can’t really believe it was you. You get the butterflies in the tummy and get goose bumps… If all this is part of growing up where memories of childhood, happy times get hazy… I refuse to grow up!!!




Seems that we opened our Pandora’s Box,
Those memories of past come rushing by,
It feels like million years have passed,
Since the times you held my hand,
Since the times when we laughed,
The memories we made.
Nostalgia haunts us,
Seems like we lead a different life,
It was another era that we lived,
It was another time where we made memories
It’s all gone and we are looking at it as strangers
Our little Pandora’s Box…


No comments:

Post a Comment